Friday, April 26, 2013

Valedictory Note

As I stand at the threshold of my college life staring at the precipice of the gigantic challenge of MBA and jobs staring at me, I'd like to jot down a few points; things that I've always wanted to share about my incredible 48 months that I've spent here at MSIT.
One's alma mater is always special in its own way. No matter which college you enroll into, there are students around you, some of who invariably enchant you with their antics and make to melt into the fun-o-sphere of campus life, become your partners in crime!.

I don't want this article to be a rant of an idiot, so I'll refrain from mentioning any obnoxious details, no scandalous entendre and the entire shebang that I want my fellow classmates to forget and move on. I'll try to mention the congenial anecdotes and snippets that I'll take from the my alma mater.

To get the ball rolling, here's a couplet:



Aaj bhi yaad hai wo pehla din,
wo building dekh ke awesome feeling,
"yaar,ye to bahut sahi hai.."
fir dus kadam chalke laga rude shock,
"Arrey!..ye to bas itna hi hai.."

<call for applause>    .....nevermind.



The vagaries of the student life started from the first sem itself, where we had to carry our apparatus for our engineering drawing class. We resembled the famished Russian soldiers from the Second World War carrying bazookas and axes fighting the Germans. Still not able to fathom the reason behind the chemistry and communication skills and ISTS, we like 'sudhra hua bacchas' religiously followed every instruction given by our proctors.

After a whirlwind second sem, came the third, which officially made us seniors. Though the slugfest with books became fiercer, as a wretched professor came to teach us Analog Electronics. Our brain cells got entangled with the npn and the pnp our faces resembled like dis assembled circuits. Throughout the thick and thin, some friendships started to blossom.

Wo ek ek number ke peeche,
teacher se hui takrar,
wo galat answer par bhi,
attempt ka mark dene ki pukar.
sapno se shuru hua safar,
aaj apni manzil ko aaya hai.

Life moved on, and after the "sessionals-sessionals- (sometimes another sessional)-final term" routines and "bhai ,teri attendance mujh se zyaada kaise " phase, we finally became the dons of the college. Stepping into third year, the academic jargon became less significant. :/
Contrary to more study and lesser than expected marks in the first two semesters, the University started a reverse trend of gifting marks from the third year. Completing lab files in a single day and attending soporific lectures of OB with a lecturer whose vocabulary was as challenged as Uday Chopra's acting skills :D
Summer training was extremely hectic (managing 3 trainings in 2 months) pheww...but did get to learn a lot. And then participating in so many literary events throughout the last two years. :)

The last year, expectedly was centered on the placements. Was extremely fortunate to get placed in CSC ispite of limited knowledge.  Ready to embrace the MNC world (saying with a heavy heart). I hope that my first salary renumerates the xerox costs during the last 4 years. Actually only the first 2 years, I hardly got any in the last few sems.


I learnt that you cannot judge a book by its cover
though a good cover could help you charge a premium. 
I learnt that halo effect exists, and to break it
all it takes is taking that first step. 
I learnt that it is OK to question everything
But not EVERYTHING man… come on...

I learnt that there may not be right answers
just right decisions. *

* lame jokes and erudite comments are the forte of the author, because that is exactly what he's done throughout the college life.

In a nutshell, I explored into many new things in college, ventured into unknown territories, bumped into new people and had an amazing opportunity to network. Yes, all this was interspersed by studying. I had a roller coaster ride all throughout the last 4 years. I'd like to thank all my friends who helped me with studies especially the last minute cramming that was the only reason behind my 80% aggregate. A heartfelt thanks for those who helped to me to fabricate readings in lab (especially Physics and Analog labs). Also, fellow quizzers for those wonderful winning moments and podium finishes and my buddies at IEEE for making my stint in the EXECOM a nice experience. Most importantly, I'd like to thank my parents and God for their unconditional support.
Thank you to every guy and girl of ECE-1, you all have helped me one way or the other.

The last 2 months are under progress, trying to make the most of it.

Hoping to meet some of you at the crossroads of life somewhere down the line....


With moisture in eyes, smile on my face and major project in my mind, I sign off.



Udit


No comments:

Post a Comment