Monday, May 4, 2020

Best halves






As the lockdown extends, and
Stagnation reigns  supreme,
Going through the memories, I started
Weaving my dreams.

Countless hours compressed,
In the jar of our story.
From the winters to the sun,
All have watched us in glory.

Like a movie, with its twists,
Our script, my friend, isn't smooth.
Like this black swan event,
Life is a bit rude.

As we geared up to mount
Parachute to travel to our dreams.
Chaos became our new friend,
Like the Dalgona with cream.




The nights brightened by your giggles,
And our many online duels.
Provide to this relationship,
The much necessary fuel.

I know, my dearest friend,
I know what you feel.
The crests we face today,
Will turn the bond to steel.


When the going gets tough,
The tough gets going.
In these treacherous waters,
Let's keep our boat rowing.

Sharing those moments of angst
And clubbing it with laughs
Let us, amidst the crisis,
Try to be the best halves.


-written by Udit Bhatia (circa April, 2020 Lockdown 2.0)



No comments:

Post a Comment