Sunday, November 17, 2019

Apostrophe

Stepping out on the tarmac,
As the new winds struck my visage.
Chasing the dreams I yearned for,
Felt like finally coming off age.

The cobbled streets and grand structures,
Pristine scapes all around.
The manicured views I saw,
Made my love more profound.

The dreams engulfed myself,
The infinity seemed near.
World was my playground,
Life felt on top gear!

The daily chore continued,
As I beyond the confined.
Flying like a bird, oblivious,
To what I had left behind.

Days, months of the living,
Though elite and plush.
Could not filled a void,
That I yearned so much...

The balmy rural dawn,
The warmth of mother's lap.
Life seemed a farrago,
Like a flautist trying to rap.

The wild weed of my farm,
Felt like the jasmines and the lilly.
The exodus from my courtyard,
Seemed like a step so silly.

It felt like a pursuit,
To betray my own soul.
In this labyrinth of connecting the missing dots,
I had created a new hole.


Reflection of my roots,
The memories of the trail.
The irascible me could not be contained,
With this fairytale.

Imperfection never seemed so complete,
I stared at the dark zero.
I needed my fountainhead to yell,
That I was indeed a hero...



This poem was shortlisted under poetry category by the reputed Wordweavers magazine in 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment