Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Week 1 in the IT-sphere

And finally I took the plunge into the harrowed yet interesting IT world. And surprisingly, the first brush was quite pleasant.

The positives:
1. I get up at 6 in the morning, yes 6 AM without my father or mother nagging me and telling what an           indolent boy I was.

2. I learnt to iron my clothes, an errand I never did for about two years. * Pat on the back*

3. I learnt patience, infact loads of it. Noida actually tests your patience at each and every turn and U-
turn. Travelling in jampacked buses; pushing, pulling with fellow passengers in the Metro and coming out unscathed, is not a meager achievement.

4. The sense of achievement when you make it to office on time after 85 minutes of utter pandemonium.

5. To sit on a chair for 7+ hours in almost an erect posture. (The writer eats, studies and sleeps while laying on the bed :))

Week 1 has been, predictably, the induction week. Getting acqainted with fellow joinees and verticals of the company. Got the answer to the perennial question, " Beta, tumhari company mein kaam kya hota hai". Got to learn a few useful things about corporate etiquette and team building.

Did not have a bright start really. In the first group activity, was made the scapegoat as I couldn't memorize my team's name in the stipulated time but now I remember them all.
The remaining activities were better and got to know some of the members quite well through regular interactions and group activities. Some of the sessions were really useful. Another thing that I learnt was the respect for time. Doing things strictly on agenda and within time limits was quite a task, but eventually managed. Phew..Thanks to my remarkable group. Its a privilege to learn with you guys.

Waise to, there were hardly any negatives in Week 1, but one that conspicuously stands out is HIGH CAFFEINE INTAKE. 4 cups of coffee have become a staple diet for the past week. Hope to get rid of it asap. Hoping that the coming weeks broaden the learning further and increase my bandwidth of knowledge and that we get vacant table tennis tables during our breaks, I sign off.


Udit 

No comments:

Post a Comment