Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When cupid spoke


Being a voracious reader ever since I came across books, I never had that passion for writing.Gradually, on the imminent coaxing of my friends, I started my own blog and thus I got a platform to vent my views to people who I didn't know.As I entered college, I learnt that social media networking is a much more powerful tool than what it seems.It not only gives you an insight to other people views and opinions but also provides you with an egalitarian chance to project your views and bring about a change.Since that very day, I wanted to be associated with a platform which helped me to reach out to people outside my facebook friend list and my blog readers.
I came across Akshita(my school senior) on facebook chat and she told me that she would be starting her own venture wherein budding writers would be given a chance to vent their views with a broad spectrum of topics to choose from.She told me, 'Cupid Speaks', it would be called.It was exactly something that I had been waiting for and thus, my stint at Cupid Speaks started.

Akshita had read a few of my earlier posts and was certain that I was good enough to write on such a forum.I still remember the launch of the website and the publication of my first article on Cupid Speaks.
Over the past few months, CS has grown leaps and bounds as far as readership is concerned and it has also in the number of genres.It is nice to see so many 'Cupiders' on the forum giving their strong views on world affairs, fashion, sports and technology to name a few.Cupid Speaks stands for all those who have a thought in their mind and a pen in their hand.

All the people who believe in the proverb-   "a Pen is mightier than a sword" should visit http://cupidspeaks.com/ 






2 comments: